The 10 best portable 3D scanners in 2017
- The 10 best portable 3D scanners in 2017
- What is the best portable 3D scanner on the market?
- The 2017 list of the best handheld 3D scanners
- How to rank the best portable 3D scanners?
- Overview of the best handheld/portable 3D scanners
- 1. Best portable/handheld 3D scanner: Creaform MetraSCAN 750
- 2. Best portable/handheld 3D scanner: Creaform Go!SCAN 50
- 3. Best portable/handheld 3D scanner: Artec Eva
- 4. Best portable/handheld 3D scanner: Shining 3D Einscan Pro
- 5. Best portable/handheld 3D scanner: Artec Space Spider
What is the best portable 3D scanner on the market?
There are many 3D scanners available on the market, from desktop 3D scanners to portable 3D scanners and advanced metrology systems. Handheld 3D scanners are gaining popularity in this fast-growing market, because they offer flexibility and allow the 3D capture of complex scenes or objects. A wide variety of portable 3D scanners is available on the market today, from entry-level cheap handheld devices to advanced industrial-grade portable 3D scanners.
Our goal is to cut through the clutter and showcase ten of the best portable 3D scanners currently on the market. For this list, we focused on handheld 3D scanners with available reviews and ratings. This means that portable 3D scanners which have launched recently or have not gathered enough reviews from trusted sources might not be included in this list.
Tip: if you are interested in getting the full picture on the portable 3D scanner market, we recommend to use our 3D scanner comparison engine.
The 2017 list of the best handheld 3D scanners
|1||Creaform MetraSCAN 750||5.0||Portable||Canada||$50k||Quote|
|2||Creaform Go!SCAN 50||5.0||Portable||Canada||$30k||Quote|
|4||Shining 3D Einscan-Pro||4.2||Portable||China||$3,990||Quote|
|5||Artec Space Spider||4.0||Portable||Luxembourg||$30k||Quote|
|6||Occipital Structure Sensor||3.9||Portable||United States||$379|
|7||Fuel3D Scanify||3.1||Portable||United Kingdom||$1,490|
|8||Cubify Sense||2.9||Portable||United States||$399|
|9||Cubify iSense||2.7||Portable||United States||$85|
|10||XYZprinting Handheld 3D scanner||2.4||Portable||Taïwan||$149|
How to rank the best portable 3D scanners?
We made this ranking of the best 3D scanners using the meta-ratings available on Aniwaa. We aggregate 3D scanner reviews from reliable sources to calculate a meta-rating for each 3D scanner. We also carry out our own 3D scanner tests in our lab, following a strict protocol, and include our rating in the meta-rating we show on our 3D scanner product pages. For portable 3D scanners, it is difficult to find reliable product reviews and ratings. We mainly rely on Amazon’s reviews and the results of our own tests.
This list of the 10 best portable 3D scanners focuses on handheld 3D scanners from entry-level to industrial-grade, with available reviews from reliable sources. If you want to explore further, you can search and compare the entire portable 3D scanner market by using our 3D scanner comparison chart.
As usual, we strongly advise to get your information from various sources. Many of the best 3D scanner lists available online are designed to advertise specific products and do not provide unbiased 3D scanner information. Here are some additional resources to help you in your research of the best 3D scanner:
- 3D scanner comparison: we list 1,090+ 3D printers in our 3D scanners comparison page.
- 3D printing forums and discussion groups: join some of these groups to get first-hand user feedback and help from the 3D scanning community on about any topic!
- 3D scanner reviews: here is the full list of our in-house 3D scanner reviews, with lots of details and images.
The Creaform MetraSCAN 750 is a high-end handheld 3D scanner, designed for advanced industrial applications.
Overview of the best handheld/portable 3D scanners
More 3D printing resources
- Do you want to compare all existing portable 3D scanners? Check out our 3D scanners comparison engine, we list more than 40 handheld 3D scanners.
- Overall, what’s the best 3D scanner on the market? Find out with out ranking of the best 3D scanners.
- On a budget? Here are 15 cheap 3D printers under $1,000.