Original Prusa i3 MK2 (Assembled) review
The Original Prusa i3 MK2 is an affordable desktop 3D printer made by Prusa3D, a manufacturer based in Praha, Czech Republic.
The Original Prusa i3 MK2 is the design of the famous Prusa i3 3D printer, packed with many improvements. All of this 3D printer's parts are open-source and are part of the RepRap project. It notably offers a 31% bigger 3D print volume and up to 40% faster printing. This 3D printer now exists as the Original Prusa i3 MK2S.
The Prusa3D Original Prusa i3 MK2 offers an heated PEI 3D print surface, great for a wide range of 3D filaments (in 1.75 mm diameter) such as PLA, ABS, PET, HIPS, Flex PP, Ninjaflex, Laywood, Laybrick, Nylon, Bamboo fill, Bronzefill, ASA, T-Glase, Carbon-fibers enhanced filaments and Polycarbonates.
The Prusa I3 design is well known for its reliability, robustness and upgradability. It is also easy to repair and maintain. The Original Prusa i3 MK2 is also available as a kit.
Original Prusa i3 MK2 main features
- Automatic bed leveling: no need for manual calibration
- E3D V6 full hotend: for faster printing
- Heatbed with cold corners compensation: to avoid warping
- PEI 3D print surface: no need for glue, tape or ABS juice
- Quiet printing: the firmware is specially optimized to reduce 3D printing noise
Original Prusa i3 MK2 price
The Original Prusa i3 MK2 is available at the manufacturer price of $899 preassembled, or $699 if delivered as a kit.