Editor’s note: This post was done in partnership with Cults., the 3D file library. The editorial picks below have been selected independently by the Cults.’ team.
The holiday season is just around the corner which means it’s time to pull out the old Christmas decorations from those dusty boxes in the attic. But what about mixing things up this year and putting your 3D printer to work? To help you with this noble endeavor, Aniwaa and Cults, the 3D file library, have joined forces and put together a list of the best Christmas STL files.
3D printing your own Christmas decorations will not only allow you to refresh your home design very easily but, most importantly, you will be even prouder of the result seeing as you will have made them yourself. You can select the files you like the most and adjust their size and color by using the filaments of your choice. Here are some recommendations for some Christmasy PLA filaments. And for those of you who really get into this project, you could even add them to some of your Christmas lights or add LED lamps to them.
This will be a great conversation starter when your friends and family members stop by and the perfect opportunity to explain how an FDM 3D printer works. Show them just how useful a 3D printer can be!
There are many 3D models that you can find directly on Cults, in our Best 3D Christmas Decorations Collection. However, we wanted to get into the Christmas spirit and make a special selection with Aniwaa and make like a little easier for you.
1. A Christmas candle holder to brighten up your decor
2. A reindeer cookie cutter for when Santa stops by
3. Surprise your kids with these articulated toys
4. A kit to build your own Christmas decorations
5. The famous Baby Groot: special Christmas edition
6. A reindeer to recycle your wine corks
7. A kit to decorate your snowman
8. A star-shaped rotating Christmas ball
9. A cute little Christmas tree to print in 3D
10. Your Christmas tree’s final touch: a tree-topping star
If you’d also like to 3D print your Christmas gifts this year, take a look at Cults’ best Christmas STL 2018 files available on their website.