ProJet MJP 5600
|Material||Thermoplastics > Standard (PLA, ABS…)|
|Build size||518 × 381 × 300 mm20.39 × 15 × 11.81 in|
3D Systems (NYSE:DDD) is one of the oldest, largest, and most global AM equipment manufacturers in the industry. The company was founded in 1986 and pioneered stereolithography technology in its early years. Today, 3D Systems markets numerous technologies and caters to most industries and their different use cases.
3D Systems ProJet MJP 5600 overview
The 3D Systems ProJet MJP 5600 is a professional 3D printer made by 3D Systems, a manufacturer based in the USA.
The 3D Systems ProJet MJP 5600 3D printer uses the MultiJet (MJP) 3D printing technology. MJP 3D printers 3D print thin layers of UV-curable liquid resin (photosensitive) onto a platform, using wax to create supports that brace the part during production. UV lamps cure each layer, and the build platform lowers for the next layer. This process continues layer by layer until the part is complete.
The 3D Systems ProJet MJP 5600 replaces the 3D Systems ProJet 5500X.
3D Systems ProJet MJP 5600 3D printing modes
Four different 3D printing modes are available:
- UHD – Ultra High Definition
- UHDS – Ultra High Definition Single
- XHD – Xtreme High Definition
- XHDS – Xtreme High Definition Single
Each 3D printing mode implies a specific build volume; the higher the resolution the smaller the build volume. In the Full Specs section of this 3D Systems ProJet MJP 5600 product page, we used the characteristics of the HD Mode (750 x 750 x 2000 DPI resolution).
This 3D printer is controlled by the 3D Systems proprietary software, 3D Sprint. With its large 10 inches touchscreen the ProJet MJP 5600 offers a smooth user experience.
Additionally, this 3D printer uses the 3D Systems ProJet Finisher XL for post-processing its 3D printed parts.
3D Systems ProJet MJP 5600 3D printing use cases
The 3D Systems ProJet MJP 5600 is capable of producing a large variety of 3D printed parts for a several different applications, including:
- Validation prototyping
– Individual components and multi-materials assemblies for design testing and verification, including snap-fit and prototype part count reduction
– Water-tightness applications, fluid flow or internal structures visualization
– Functional testing of plastic and elastomeric products
- Rapid Tooling
– Injection molding tool production for short runs
– Jigs and fixtures
– Master patterns for RTV molding
- Dies for forming applications
3D Systems ProJet MJP 5600 3D printing materials
The 3D Systems ProJet MJP 5600 can 3D print in seven engineered plastics, from the VisiJet CR and VisiJet CE line of materials.
– VisiJet CR-WT – Rigid White
– VisiJet CR-CL – Rigid Clear
– VisiJet CR-BK – Rigid Black
– VisiJet CE-BK – Elastomeric Black
– VisiJet CE-NT – Elastomeric Natural
– Plus more than 100 composite combinations