I3 MEGA (Kit)
|Material||Thermoplastics > Standard (PLA, ABS…)|
|Build size||210 × 210 × 205 mm8.27 × 8.27 × 8.07 in|
ANYCUBIC I3 MEGA (Kit) overview
The ANYCUBIC I3 MEGA is a DIY 3D printer made by ANYCUBIC, a manufacturer from China. This entry-level 3D printer is based on the famous Prusa I3.
Another budget 3D printer kit from the same manufacturer, the ANYCUBIC I3 Modular, presents relatively similar characteristics but at a slightly cheaper price.
ANYCUBIC I3 MEGA vs. Modular I3
- Hardware: the 2 3D printer’s design, dimensions and build volume are very similar. However, the I3 MEGA’s frame is completely made out of metal while the Modular I3’s is mainly in acrylic.
- Interface: the ANYCUBIC Modular I3 has an LCD screen, while the I3 MEGA comes with a touchscreen.
- Ease of assembly: the I3 Modular comes with pre-assembled parts while the ANYCUBIC I3 MEGA features a “3 steps fast-assembly”.
- Other differences: the I3 MEGA boasts 2 additional features. Firstly, a resume printing management function. Secondly, a filament sensor.
I3 MEGA main features
- Metal frame: for a more resistant hardware.
- Touchscreen: for a more intuitive user experience.
- “3 steps fast-assembly”: for an easy and quick installation. Users only need to install 8 screws and connect 3 wires.
- Resume printing management: to prevent the loss of the 3D printing process in case of interruption, such as a power failure.
- Filament sensor: to detect and notify the user when the 3D printer is running out of material.
- Heated print bed: allows for 3D printing with other material than simple PLA, like ABS, HIPS, or Wood. The print bed can heat up to 100°C. The ANYCUBIC Ultrabase platform also makes the 3D printed objects easy to remove.
ANYCUBIC I3 MEGA price
Discover more entry-level 3D printers with our selection of the 10 best 3D printers under $300.