Modular I3 (Kit)
|Material||Thermoplastics > Standard (PLA, ABS…)|
|Build size||210 × 210 × 250 mm8.27 × 8.27 × 9.84 in|
ANYCUBIC Modular I3 (Kit) overview
The ANYCUBIC Modular I3 is a DIY 3D printer made by ANYCUBIC, a manufacturer based in China. This affordable 3D printer is based on the famous Prusa I3.
Another budget 3D printer kit from the same manufacturer, the ANYCUBIC I3 MEGA, presents relatively similar characteristics, but at a slightly higher price.
ANYCUBIC Modular I3 vs. I3 MEGA
- Hardware: the 2 3D printer’s design, dimensions and build volume are very similar. However, the I3 MEGA’s frame is completely made out of metal while the Modular I3’s is mainly in acrylic.
- Interface: the ANYCUBIC Modular I3 has an LCD screen, while the I3 MEGA comes with a touchscreen.
- Ease of assembly: the I3 Modular comes with pre-assembled parts while the ANYCUBIC I3 MEGA features a “3 steps fast-assembly”.
- Other differences: the I3 MEGA boasts 2 additional features. Firstly, a resume printing management function. Secondly, a filament sensor.
Modular I3 main features
- Pre-assembled parts: for an easier and quicker assembly.
- Heated print bed: allows for 3D printing with other material than simple PLA, like ABS, HIPS, or Wood. The print bed can heat up to 100°C.
- ANYCUBIC Ultrabase platform: makes the 3D printed objects easy to remove.
- MK8 nozzle: for high precision extrusion.
ANYCUBIC Modular I3 price
Discover more entry-level 3D printers with our selection of the 10 best 3D printers under $300.