|Material||Thermoplastics > High-performance (PEEK, Ultem...)|
|Topic||High-performance, Large format|
|Build size||1600 × 800 × 600 mm62.99 × 31.5 × 23.62 in|
BigRep EDGE overview
The BigRep EDGE is a large volume industrial 3D printer made by BigRep, a manufacturer based in Germany.
The EDGE features a massive build size of 1600 x 800 x 600 mm. Its high-temperature features enable it to 3D print high-performance thermoplastics and engineering materials.
Metering Extruder Technology (MXT)
This new range of 3D printers from BigRep features a proprietary extruder called MXT, thus it allows users to have better control of the speed of the extruders and the amount of filament used. The EDGE boasts two MXT print heads (dual extruder).
BigRep EDGE main features
- High-speed 3D printing: this 3D printer is able to 3D print up to 1,000 mm/s in its finest resolution.
- Extra-large touchscreen: BigRep emphasizes a premium user experience.
- Pull-out print bed: allows for easier removal of heavy 3D prints. The print bed is able to heat up to 220°C.
- Heated build chamber: the build chamber is able to heat up to 200°C.
- Dual extrusion: this 3D printer’s dual extruder enables 3D printing with soluble support material.
The EDGE also features semi-automatic bed leveling and a filament run-out sensor.
BigRep EDGE price
The EDGE isn’t commercially available yet.