The EVO-Tech EVO-Lizer is a professional metal 3D printer made by EVO-Tech, a manufacturer from Austria.
This dual extruder 3D printer is user-friendly. Indeed, it features a large touchscreen and users can control the EVO-Lizer via their web browser (even with a smartphone).
Additionally, the EVO-Lizer is suitable for office environments thanks to its carbon filters and low noise emission. The EVO-Lizer 3D prints high-performance engineering plastics, as well as metal.
EVO-Lizer professional applications
EVO-Tech develops its own proprietary filament, aiming for professionals in the engineering industry. The main application for the EVO-Lizer is prototyping, although it is also capable of producing high-quality end-use parts. EVO-Tech’s 12 engineering thermoplastics provide specific qualities, including:
- Abrasion, chemical, UV and heat resistance (above 200°C)
- Food safety
- Flame retardant
- Electrostatically dissipative capacity
The EVO-Lizer also tolerates generic 3D printing filament (from other manufacturers).
EVO-Lizer metal 3D printing technology
This professional 3D printer is also capable of 3D printing metal material. Usually, to 3D print metal, 3D printers use SLM or SLS technology. The EVO-Lizer, however, uses extrusion.
This 3D printing technology is FMP, Filament Metal Printing. The EVO-Lizer 3D prints a special filament, composed of a metal powder and binding material mix. However, this step only produces a “green part” (raw part). That means that the part is not yet ready – the binding material from the filament must be removed.
This is done by placing the object in a high-temperature furnace to make the binder evaporate. Then, the part must go through a sintering process. These two final steps make the final part smaller than the original model.
EVO-Lizer metal 3D printer main features
- Heated and closed build chamber: this 3D printer is able maintain an interior temperature of up to 60°C.
- Dual extruder: allows for multi-material and multi-color 3D prints, or 3D printing with soluble support material. The dual nozzles can heat up to 270°C.
- Heated print bed: the print bed can heat up to 110°C.
- On-board camera (optional): allows users to monitor their 3D prints remotely.
- High-temperature nozzles (optional): nozzles that go up to 330°C are also available, to 3D print different thermoplastics.
EVO-Tech EVO-Lizer price
Please contact the manufacturer directly to obtain a quote for this professional 3D printer.
Discover more professional high-temperature 3D printers here (PEEK and ULTEM).