The FELIX Pro 2 Touch is a desktop 3D printer by FELIXprinters, a dutch manufacturer.
The FELIX Pro 2 Touch is a very close version of the FELIX Pro 2 3D printer. The main differences between them are:
- A touch screen: the FELIX Pro 2 Touch is equipped with a responsive full color touch screen whereas the FELIX Pro 2 only support an LCD screen.
- Wifi connection: the FELIX Pro 2 Touch is connectable with wifi, where it is only an option on the FELIX Pro 2.
- Formide platform: the FELIX Pro 2 Touch is powered by an online platform, Formide. A full fledged 3D printing ecosystem reachable via the touchscreen or your own device (phone, computer).
The FELIX Pro 2 Touch support some interesting features to help make good 3D prints:
- Dual extruders: the FELIXprinters FELIX Pro 2 Touch holds a dual head system allowing you to 3D print with different colors or to use soluble support material.
- A filament flow detection monitor: to make sure the correct amount of filament enters the hot-end. If the filament doesn’t arrive properly, the 3D printing process is stopped allowing you to correct the settings.
- A foldaway extrusion system: to prevent the most common problems on dual extrusion printers. It permits to avoid leakage of the non-used extruders, prevent collision of the non-used extruder with the 3D print and facilitate the calibration between both hot-ends.
- Detachable heat bed: the heat bed is held in place by three magnets, allowing you to remove it easily. The maximum bed temperature is 100°C.
- Full metal hot-ends: for more precise 3D prints. The Nozzle can support a maximum temperature of 275°C.
- Low noise level: the FELIX Pro 2 Touch emits only 34dBA while 3D printing.
As a conclusion, the FELIX Pro 2 Touch is a smart 3D printer with wi-fi, a dual extruder, interchangeable full-metal hot-ends and controllable through an online Ecosystem.