The Gizmo 3D GiziPro is a professional DLP 3D printer made by Gizmo 3D, a manufacturer based in Brisbane, Australia.
Gizmo 3D printers use DLP (Digital Light Processing) 3D printing technology to solidify liquid resin. A DLP projector connected by HDMI is used to cure the resin and 3D print objects layer after layer.
The GiziPro performs top down 3D printing. This means that while the object is being 3D printed, it is lowered inside the bath of curable UV resin. Therefore, objects require less support structures.
GiziPro main features
- Easy print removal: since the final object sits on top of the build plate, it is easy to remove (no suction issues).
- Expandable: different upgrades are available for the GiziPro.
- Gizmetor: Gizmo 3D’s proprietary slicer software, Gizmetor, enables users to select a particular layer within a print job and change specific settings for that layer. For example, specific layers can be hollow, solid, more detailed or faster than other layers.
Gizmo 3D upgrades and extras
- Super Speed ($3,100): with this add-on, users can 3D print objects in minutes. It is possible, for example, to 3D print a 135 x 76 x 10 mm object in 3 min.
- Automated projector movement ($475): enables the projector to move automatically when users wish to change the projection area.
- Support ($100/hour): for confidential, one-on-one customer support via Skype.
- One-year, 100% industrial warranty: this option covers all parts and accessories (except for resin and the projector lamp). The warranty is available at 20% of the 3D printer’s buying price.
A variety of different vats and build plates are also available options, to adapt Gizmo 3D printers to the size of the objects they are to 3D print. The smallest vats and build plates are for a 85 x 48 x 50 mm build volume, while the largest go up to 400 x 225 x 800 mm. The standard build size that comes with the 3D printer is 200 x 113 x 130 mm.
Gizmo 3D GiziPro price
This resin 3D printer is available at the starting price of $4,660, including 7 liters of resin material.
A smaller version of this 3D printer is available, the GiziMate, as well as a larger version, the GiziMax.