The LulzBot Mini is a compact 3D printer made by LulzBot, a US-based manufacturer. Overall, the Mini is praised for its reliability and ease-of-use. It’s a go-to 3D printer for entry-level and advanced users looking for an efficient 3D printer.
- Open-frame: The LulzBot Mini has an open frame which makes it easy to monitor and maintain but also noisy.
- Open-source: Aleph Objects, Inc. company, owner of the LulzBot brand, has a firm commitment to Libre Innovation (Free Software & Open Source Hardware). This manufacturer publishes their hardware designs and software packages under the GNU General Public License (GPLv3) and/or the Creative Commons CC-by-SA 4.0.
- Great customer support: users praise LulzBot’s customer support service for its reliability and availability.
However, the Mini requires a constant connection to a computer to complete prints successfull. Furthermore its relatively small build platform can be a limitation for users looking to print larger objects.
Lulzbot Mini awards
This 3D printer has been selected as one of the best “Plug N’ Play” options in the 3D Hubs 2015 report. Several 3D printing review websites also feature this 3D printer, such as:
- 3Dinsider: 4.7/5
- “The LulzBot Mini 3D printer is ideal for anyone who wants an easy time of printing.”
- 3Dforged.com: 8.7/10
- “All-in-all, the LulzBot Mini is easily one of the best options for first-time 3Ders who want an easy-to-use and reliable machine.”
Read our complete test of the Mini for an in-depth review of this compact 3D printer’s capacities.
LulzBot Mini price
The Mini is available at the manufacturer price of $1,250. This 3D printer is available on Amazon.
Discover more desktop 3D printers with our comparison engine.