The LulzBot TAZ 6 is a desktop 3D printer made by LulzBot, a US-based manufacturer. The TAZ 6 has replaced the TAZ 5 which previously won four awards.
The LulzBot TAZ 6 is a solid mid-range 3D printer capable of printing large objects thanks to its large build volume. This desktop 3D printer offers a nice 3D printing resolution.
LulzBot TAZ 6 main features
- Open frame: so it’s easy to monitor and maintain.
- Hotend extruder and heated PEI print bed: for 3D printing a large variety of materials including ABS, PLA, HIPS, PVA, wood, bronze, copper, polyester, nylon, conductive and more with relative ease.
- Software: the TAZ 6 is delivered with the Cura LulzBot Edition slicing software.
- Automatic bed leveling: no need for manual calibration.
- Automatic self-cleaning: to avoid messy 3D prints.
Aleph Objects, Inc. company, owner of LulzBot brand, has a firm commitment to Libre Innovation (Free Software & Open Source Hardware). This 3D printing company publishes their hardware designs and software packages under the GNU General Public License (GPLv3) and/or the Creative Commons CC-by-SA 4.0.
LulzBot TAZ 6 awards
The Taz 6 won several 3D printer awards:
- 3D Hubs Best Of Work Horse 2017
- Make:’s Runner up for outstanding open source 2017
- MatterHackers’ Best Seller award
LulzBot TAZ 6 price
The manufacturer price for this home 3D printer is $2,500. This 3D printer is available on Amazon.