|Buy the MakerGear M3 (M3-SE)|
|Amazon US||United States||Buy|
|Basic specs||Price: $ 2,5502 174 €1,976 £268,599 ¥ The prices we display are estimates and can differ from the actual market prices. Prices vary by resellers and countries.|
|Material||Thermoplastics > Engineering (PC, nylon…)|
|Build volume||203 x 254 x 203 mm|
MakerGear M3 (M3-SE) review
The MakerGear M3 is professional FDM desktop 3D printer by MakerGear, a manufacturer based in Ohio, United-States.
The M3 is the new version of the award-winning Makergear M2 3D Printer (first place awards in the “Best of Workhorse 2017” category and “Best of Enthusiast 2015/2016” from 3D Hubs). This versatile 3D printer is positioned as a reliable workhorse, designed to offer continuous operation and long-term performance for professional and industrial users.
MakerGear M3 features
The MakerGear M3 exists in two versions, the M3 Single Extrusion (M3-SE) and the M3 Independent Dual Extrusion (M3-ID).
This FDM 3D printer offers interesting features such as:
- V4 hotends and the ability to use different nozzle diameters: this 3D printer comes with a 0.35 mm standard brass nozzle. Other brass nozzle diameters (0.25 – 0.75 mm) and stainless steel nozzles (diameter 0.35 – 0.5 mm) are also available. The nozzles can reach up to 300°C and are ready to use in less than 2 minutes.
- a completely wireless system: the MakerGear M3 boasts a detachable touchscreen and offers Wi-Fi connectivity. Users can control 3D prints from different devices such as a computer or a smartphone.
- assisted bed leveling: this “True Leveling” feature, according to MakerGear, is more precise, reliable, and convenient than regular auto-leveling.
- a high-precision cooling system to minimize the air friction and optimize the air flow distribution for cooling in order to make better 3D prints.
- a heated build plate: heated from corner to corner, the build plate temperature can reach 130°C when enclosed and 120°C when not enclosed.
- a welded steel frame for unmatched rigidity and structural support, enabling users to achieve high print resolution at greater speeds than with traditional 3D printer frame construction
- an “Auto-prep” option to prepare STL files for 3D printing, including pre-configured materials profiles.
MakerGear’s M3 is compatible with ABS, HIPS, Nylon, PET-G/T, PLA, PC, TPE, TPU, composites (metal, wood, carbon fiber), and more.
The 3D printer arrives preconfigured with OctoPrint for MakerGear and M3 QuickStart. It is compatible with a wide range of third-party software packages (free and open-source as well as proprietary).
The MakerGear M3 includes a one-year warranty and free, in-house technical support in addition to a thriving online community. The warranty can be extended for two or three years.
MakerGear M3 price
The official retail price of the M3-ID is $2,550, available on Amazon.
Discover more 3D printers with our 3D printer comparison engine.
|MakerGear M3 (M3-SE) tests and ratings|
|Price The prices we display are estimates and can differ from the actual market prices. Prices vary by resellers and countries.||$ 2,5502 174 €1,976 £268,599 ¥|
|Material||Thermoplastics > Standard (PLA, ABS…)
Thermoplastics > Engineering (PC, nylon…)
|Max. build size||203 x 254 x 203 mm|
|Max. build volume||10.467086 L|
|Min. layer thickness||0.02 mm0.001 in|
|Max. print speed||450 mm17.72 in/s|
|Dimensions||533 × 610 × 420 mm20.98 × 24.02 × 16.54 in|
|Weight||12 kg26.46 lb|
|Nozzle diameter(s)||0.35 mm0.01 in|
|Filament diameter||1.75 mm0.07 in|
|Power input||100 - 120 V (4 A)/220 - 240 V (2 A), 47 - 63 Hz100|
|Heated build chamber||—|
|Independent Dual Extruder (IDEX)||—|
|Multiple extruders (3+)||—|
|Freeform (robotic arm)||—|