EyeCue Qlone overview
Qlone is a 3D scanning mobile app developed by EyeCue Technologies, a software company based in Israel. The EyeCue iPhone 3D scanner app features near-real-time 3D scanning and generates results locally, not through a cloud platform.
In order for Qlone to be used, users need to print a black and white mat (similar to QR code). They then need to place the object they wish to 3D scan on top of the printed map. Users can print several maps depending on the object’s size.
The app allows users to export their models in several formats including .OBJ, .STL, .PLY and .X3D.
Qlone main features
- Merging capabilities: the 3D scanning app is able to merge two different poses of the same object for a better overall result.
- On-screen AR guidance: a virtual dome surrounds the object to be 3D scanned and tracks the process of the 3D scan by changing color.
- High-resolution mode: the app features a high-resolution mode that increases the quality of the 3D scans.
- Social media connectivity: users have the ability to share their 3D captures with friends via Facebook, WhatsApp, and other apps.
- In-app modifiers: this 3D scanner app features in-app tools to help users modify their 3D models (clean, resize, change texture, etc.).
The Qlone app is free to download, but there is an in-app fee of $0.99 per 3D scan export.
Discover more 3D scanning apps here.