The Scoobe3D is a handheld 3D scanner for professionals made by Scoobe3D, a German manufacturer.
This portable 3D scanner is able to export 3D scans in STL or OBJ files. Users may send the files directly to their 3D printer.
Applications for the Scoobe3D 3D scanner include:
- 3D printing and rapid prototyping
- Reverse engineering
- 3D scanning cultural/archeological artifacts
Scoobe3D polarization-based 3D scanning technology
This 3D scanner uses a proprietary combination of Time-of-Flight and polarized RGB images, contrary to most other 3D scanners that use triangulation or structured light.
To 3D scan, the device uses its illumination unit as well as its polarization unit. The premium version enables users to 3D scan larger objects with a more comfortable usability and maximum accuracy.
Scoobe3D 3D scanner main features
- Versatile: according to the manufacturer, users may easily 3D scan many materials (including reflective surfaces) without the need for post-processing.
- Compact and lightweight: this handheld 3D scanner is about the size of a smartphone.
- Large touchscreen: provides users with instructions and allows viewing the 3D scan in real time (live-view available with the Premium version only).
The announced manufacturer price is $899 for the Scoobe3D Basic and $1,499 for the Scoobe3D Premium. This 3D scanner’s launch date on Kickstarter is September 4th, 2018. Please check their website for updated information.
Discover more handheld 3D scanners with our comparison engine.