|Buy the PowerVision PowerRay|
|Amazon US||United States||Buy|
Featured in "Best of"
|Basic specs||Price: $ 1,9871 699 €1,520 £224,588 ¥|
|Metascore We index ratings and reviews from trusted sources to calculate a reliable aggregate rating we call "metascore".|
PowerVision PowerRay review
The PowerVision PowerRay is a 4K underwater drone made by PowerVision, a manufacturer based in China. They also produce the PowerDolphin underwater ROV (remotely operated vehicle) and the PowerEgg aerial drone.
The PowerRay is among the few underwater fishing drones: indeed, its sensors can detect and help catch fish.
This underwater fishing drone boasts a 4K UHD (ultra high definition) camera which can stream live video at 1080p. The PowerRay also features a video stabilizer to ensure better quality images and video. In addition, the two 450-lumen lights on the PowerRay improve visibility for underwater video capture.
PowerRay underwater fishing drone with PowerSeeker
The PowerRay is compatible with PowerVision’s fish-finding sonar add-on, the PowerSeeker Fishfinder. This module enables users to detect fish underwater within a depth of 80 meters. The PowerSeeker Fishfinder is also able to provide users with underwater temperature and topography data.
This underwater drone fishing device is included in the Wizard package (more information below) but is also available separately as a standalone fishing sonar.
PowerRay underwater drone main features
- 4K Ultra HD camera: users can capture UHD footage in 4K resolution (or 1080p for live streaming).
- Vision+ app: users can access a range of settings, sonar, and navigation via the Vision+ proprietary mobile app (Android/iOS).
- PowerSeeker Fishfinder (optional): allows users to easily track and find fish for an optimal fishing experience. This sonar is able to detect fish up to 80 meters away, making the PowerRay a real “fish finder”.
- FPV goggles (optional): users may enjoy footage in first-person view thanks to PowerVision’s version of the Zeiss VR ONE Plus headset.
PowerVision PowerRay price
Two different packages are available for this underwater fishing drone:
- PowerVision PowerRay Explorer: €1,699 (includes the drone, a transmitter, and a base station),
- PowerVision PowerRay Wizard: €2,099 (includes the drone, a transmitter, a base station, a bait drop, Zeiss FPV goggles, Fishfinder, and a carrying case)
See available offers for the PowerVision PowerRay on Amazon.
Explore and compare underwater ROVs using our comparison engine.
|Price||$ 1,9871 699 €1,520 £224,588 ¥|
|Max. speed||1.5 m/s1.5 mps|
|Max. flight time||240 min|
|Waypoint (flight path)||—|
|One key takeoff||—|
|One key landing||—|
|Smartphone/tablet only (via app)||Yes|
|Controller w/ built-in LCD||—|
|Controller w/ smartphone/tablet mount||Yes|
|Controller (no screen)||—|
|Dimensions||465 × 270 × 126 mm18.31 × 10.63 × 4.96 in|
|Weight||3.8 kg8.38 lb|
|Number of rotors||2|
|Battery capacity||6400 mAh|
|Min. operating temp.||-10 °C14 °F|
|Max. operating temp.||50 °C122 °F|
|Video frame rate||25 fps|
|Camera resolution (photo)||12 MP|
|Live video feed resolution||1080p|
|Live video feed frame rate||25 fps|
|Live video feed||Yes|
|FPV goggles (optional)||Yes|
|Micro SD Card||Yes|