The Skydio R1 is a 4K autonomous drone made by Skydio, a drone manufacturer from the US.
This advanced self-flying camera drone is designed to be fully autonomous and can also capture high-quality 4K video.
The R1 makes use of a powerful AI processor and the Skydio Autonomy Engine allows the drone to navigate by itself to avoid collisions through its 12 navigation cameras. In addition, by making use of Simultaneous Localization and Mapping (SLAM), the R1 can more easily map the environment.
The construction of this aerial photography drone allows it to be durable and light. The anodized aluminum build and carbon fiber rotor guards also ensure a high-quality finish.
Drone pilots can use the intuitive Skydio R-1 app (Android and IOS) to control the drone. In addition, users can access multiple flight modes via the app.
Skydio R1 drone main features
- Obstacle avoidance: the Skydio R-1 uses its 12 onboard cameras to provide 360-degree obstacle avoidance. Thus the omnidirectional obstacle avoidance is critical for the autonomous drone to operate.
- 4K UHD camera: users can also capture and save beautiful footage with the 4K camera and record live in 720P.
- A range of flight modes: therefore users can take advantage of numerous flight modes on the R1. These include Orbit, Follow, Stadium and more.
- Easy hand launch: the drone can easily be launched by hand which allows drone pilots to immediately start recording footage in any location.
R1 Frontier Edition
A limited Skydio R1 Frontier Edition drone is also available.
- Has the ability to pair with a second battery.
- Features a distinctive blue lens ring and custom engraved badge.
Skydio R1 price
This self-flying 4K camera drone is available at the manufacturer price of $1,999 (see on Amazon).
Discover more aerial drones with our drone comparison engine.