The Acer OJO 500 is a tethered virtual reality headset by Acer, a well-known international technology manufacturer from Taiwan.
This PC VR headset runs on the Windows Mixed Reality platform, however, this range of headsets is in the VR category. The series of Windows MR VR headsets also includes devices from Dell, Asus, HP, Samsung, and Lenovo. This is also the manufacturer’s follow up to the Acer AH1010 Windows Mixed Reality Headset.
In addition, Acer’s virtual reality headset features 6DoF and inside-out tracking. Furthermore, users can easily detach the visor for easy access to clean the lenses on the HMD.
OJO 500 vs AH1010
Some new features of the Acer OJO 500 include:
- Integrated audio via a patented sound pipe.
- IPD wheel: allows manual inter-pupillary distance adjustments.
- Detachable design for easy cleaning of the front part and sharing among several users.
- Choice of hard form or a soft-washable head straps.
OJO 500 VR headset main features
- Convenient detachable flip design: enables users to easily switch between the real world and the virtual world.
- 6DoF: therefore, provides users an immersive VR experience and freedom of movement.
- Inside-out tracking: positional tracking is enabled without external sensors or cameras.
Acer OJO 500 price
This tethered VR headset from Acer is available at the manufacturer price of $399.
Discover other Windows Mixed Reality VR headsets with our VR comparison engine.