|Resolution||1600 × 1440 px (per eye)|
|Field of view (FOV)||100°|
Huawei VR2 overview
The Huawei VR2 is a VR headset made by Chinese smartphone manufacturer Huawei. With this versatile VR headset, Huawei aims to compete with high-end products such as the Oculus Rift or the HTC VIVE.
Although the headset integrates its own LCD displays, it isn’t standalone. Indeed, it requires a connection either to a smartphone or a PC.
Compatible phones for the VR2 include Huawei’s Mate 10 and Mate RS series as well as their P20 series.
Regarding the minimum PC requirements, users’ computers will need at least an Intel Core i5 CPU as well as an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060 GPU (equivalents or higher).
Huawei virtual reality: VR2 main features
- IMAX theater: this VR headset allows users to benefit from Huawei’s partnership with IMAX and access their own virtual movie theater.
- 3K resolution: the VR2 boasts two LCD displays of 1600 x 1440 pixels each.
- Comfort: initial feedback from the community praises the headset’s comfort. It is also wearable over eyeglasses.
- Versatility: users may use their Huawei smartphone to access VR apps, or tether the headset to a PC and access the SteamVR platform for gaming.
- 360° DTS sound: for a more immersive user experience.
- Flip-up visor: enables users to easily change between virtual reality and the real world, without having to take off the headset.
Huawei VR2 price
The manufacturer price for this versatile VR headset is 1,999 Chinese Yuan (around $320).
Discover more VR headsets with our comparison engine.