The Lenovo Mirage Star Wars Jedi Challenges is an augmented reality headset for smartphones by Lenovo, a manufacturer based in China.
The Lenovo AR headset comes with a lightsaber controller and tracking module. It requires a smartphone to work, as well as two AA batteries (included).
Community reviews are very positive; users enjoy the unique side to this HMD’s (head-mounted display) Star Wars AR experience. However, they also report over-heating and dislike the fact that the Mirage only works with the Star Wars app.
Mirage Star Wars Jedi Challenges main features
- Lightsaber controller: enables users to experience lightsaber fights like in the Star Wars movies.
- Tracking beacon: a tracking module provides accurate tracking for the AR battles, and helps to display an immersive environment around the user.
- Comfortable design and experience: the headset is lightweight, sturdy, and provides a field of view (FOV) of 60°.
Star Wars™: Jedi Challenges app
Various Star Wars augmented reality games are compatible with this AR headset thanks to the free Star Wars™: Jedi Challenges app.
- Lightsaber battles (single or multiplayer): users may fight the dark side in duels against Star Wars villains such as Darth Vader or Darth Maul. It is also possible to play with another Lenovo Mirage user 1-on-1 in local multiplayer mode.
- Holochess: this is a customized Star Wars strategy game based on the one featured in the Star Wars franchise.
- Star Wars battles: a strategic combat game that enables users to command armies in large-scale ground wars.
Lenovo Mirage Star Wars Jedi Challenges price
The Lenovo AR headset is available at the manufacturer price of $199 (see on Amazon).
Lenovo also manufactures the Mirage Solo and the Explorer. Discover other VR headsets as well as AR glasses with our comparison engine.