|Buy the Merge VR Goggles|
|Amazon UK||United Kingdom||Buy|
Featured in "Best of"
|Basic specs||Price: $ 2925 €22 £3,277 ¥|
|Field of view (FOV)||96°|
Merge VR Goggles review
The Merge VR Goggles is a virtual reality headset for smartphones made by Merge, a manufacturer based in Texas in the US.
The company target kids (aged 10+) with this water and shock resistant mobile VR headset. Therefore, this cheap VR headset fits phones from 4.8 to 6.2 inches screen size (almost all phones).
The Merge headset is compatible with Android and iOS smartphones, this means there is no need to connect to an external device. Users can also enjoy a VR experience with 96° field of view (FOV).
In addition, two control buttons enable a better interaction with the virtual reality.
Users feedback are very positive. They enjoy the comfortable design and the adjustable strap along with the affordable price of the VR headset. The device is user-friendly and adjusts to the user’s sight.
Merge headset main features
- Kid-friendly: the device and the smartphone inside of it are shock-resistant.
- Comfortable design: adjustable, soft and antimicrobial material.
- Compatible with many applications: the device is compatible with Google Play Store and App Store and its many VR applications. It is also possible to enjoy augmented reality (holograms in the real world).
- Adjustable strap: for a more immersive VR experience without having to hold the device.
- IPD and eye-to-lense adjustment: the Merge headset adapts to the user’s sight. It is also possible to wear eyeglasses.
Merge VR Goggles price
This affordable VR headset for smartphones is available at the manufacturer price of $29.99 (see on Amazon).
Discover other VR headsets and AR glasses with our comparison engine.
|Merge VR Goggles tests and ratings|
|Unbox Therapy||Watch video|
|Price||$ 2925 €22 £3,277 ¥|
|Field of view (FOV)||96°|
|Room scale The device is able to precisely position itself in 3D within a given room volume. Also called 6DoF.||—|
|360° tracking The minimum capability required to produce an immersive experience. Also called 3DoF.||Yes|
|Positional tracking Positional tracking allows the device to precisely position itself.||—|
|Built-in front camera A front facing cameras allows to see the real world without taking the device off.||—|
|Eye tracking Tracking the user’s gaze to improve image sharpness and detail specifically where the user is looking.||—|
|Hand tracking Hand tracking allows direct interactions with hand gestures, without requiring controllers.||—|
|Usable with glasses||Yes|
|Screen size (mobile)||4.8 - 6.2 inches|
|OS (mobile)||Android, iOS|
|Weight||340 g11.99 oz|
|Dimensions||139 × 190 × 101 mm5.47 × 7.48 × 3.98 in|
|Micro SD Card||—|