The Microsoft HoloLens 2 is a mixed reality HMD (head-mounted display) made by Microsoft, a well-known multinational technology company based in the US. This is the 2nd generation device to the Microsoft HoloLens released in 2016.
The HoloLens 2 is designed to work with Microsoft’s latest generation of the Kinect sensor, in addition to a custom AI chip, therefore offering an improved mixed reality performance compared to the HoloLens.
Microsoft HoloLens 2 runs on a custom version of Windows 10.
HoloLens 1 vs. HoloLens 2
Some of the main improvements with the HoloLens 2 MR headset are:
- Processing power: Qualcomm Snapdragon XR1 chip is a feature of the HoloLens 2, thus offering a more powerful MR experience.
- Larger FoV: offering a more immersive MR experience for the user.
- Improved battery life: users, therefore, have a longer MR experience.
- Comfortable design and fit: lighter and more comfortable for the user to wear compared to the HoloLens.
HoloLens 2 main features
- Inside-out tracking: users may easily control the MR smartglasses thanks to gesturing and gaze tracking as well as voice support.
- Holographic lenses: the head-mounted display features two transparent lenses (or “waveguides”) with automatic IPD calibration.
Microsoft HoloLens 2 price
The Microsoft HoloLens 2 is not currently available. Please contact the manufacturer for more information on the price.
Discover more MR headsets as well as VR and AR devices with our comparison engine.