The Pimax 5K+ is a tethered VR headset produces by Pimax, a manufacturer based in China. Pimax also produces the Pimax 8K and Pimax 4K.
This PC VR headset is part of a Kickstarter campaign run by the manufacturer, concurrently with the Pimax 8K. A Pimax 5K is also available, however, the 5K+ offers improved PPI compared to the 5K.
This VR headset has a wide FOV of 200°, which is very close to the human maximum FOV of 220°.
5K+ VR headset main features
- 200° FOV: for more immersive virtual reality.
- Full positional tracking (6DoF): for a more realistic VR experience.
- Built-in headphones: provides full audio immersion.
- Open VR system: the Pimax 5K+ is fully compatible with three VR content platforms (Oculus, SteamVR, PiHome), as well as third-party accessories like the HTC VIVE controllers and tracking cameras.
Pimax 5K+ optional modules
As is the case with the Pimax 8K, users have the option to customize their VR experience by purchasing extra modules, such as:
- Wireless transmission: for cable-free virtual reality.
- Leap Motion support: provides a more fluid experience with this hand motion tracker.
- Pimax Knuckles controllers: the controllers have five-finger tracking, for increased functionality.
- Eye-tracking: offers users better immersion by detecting the user’s gaze.
- Cooling fan: to avoid overheating.
Pimax 5K+ price
Please contact the manufacturer for the price of the Pimax 5K+ VR headset.
Discover more tethered headsets with our VR comparison engine.