The Samsung HMD Odyssey+ is a 6DOF PC VR headset made by Samsung, a world-famous technology manufacturer from South Korea.
This tethered VR HMD is a follow up to the Samsung Odyssey which was developed in collaboration with Microsoft, therefore, it runs on the Windows Mixed Reality platform. The series of Windows MR VR headsets also includes devices from Dell, Asus, HP, Acer, and Lenovo.
Odyssey vs HMD Odyssey+
The upgraded VR headset has:
- Wider eye box: offers users a wider viewing area.
- Redesigned nose fitting: offers users a more comfortable fit.
- Anti-fog feature: therefore it reduces fogging of the lenses and an improved VR experience.
- Native SteamVR support: thus out of the box compatibility.
HMD Odyssey+ main features
- 6DoF: offers a more immersive VR experience
- AKG 360° spatial sound: for an immersive gaming experience.
- Anti-Screen Door Effect (Anti-SDE) technology: for a smoother VR experience.
Samsung HMD Odyssey+ price
The HMD Odyssey+ by Samsung is available at manufacturer price of $500.
Discover more VR headsets with our VR comparison engine.