|Resolution||1920 × 1080 px|
|Field of view (FOV)||87°|
Varjo VR-1 overview
The Varjo VR-1 is a professional PC VR headset with eye tracking made by Varjo, a VR startup from Finland. The VR-1 headset is exclusively designed for professional applications in fields such as engineering, training, design, education, and more.
The VR-1’s Bionic Display provides users with exceptional, human-eye resolution visuals. Indeed, the 1920 x 1080p micro-OLED (main display) boasts a very high resolution of 3000 ppi. The headset’s secondary 1440 x 1600p AMOLED display offers lower resolution. However, it is only used for the user’s peripheral vision.
The Varjo VR-1 tethers to a PC via 10-meter-long optical fiber cables. This setup allows the user to move around freely while wearing the VR headset. Its relatively narrow 87° field of view somewhat limits the user’s sense of immersion within virtual reality experiences.
Varjo VR-1 main features
- 20/20 Eye Tracker: this system offers exceptional eye tracking. It gives access to interesting analytics on eye-based interactions.
- Varjo Bionic Display: the headset offers crisp, clear graphics which are equivalent to 20/20 human eye vision (according to Varjo).
- Active air flow: this VR headset’s built-in cooling system offers a more comfortable experience, favoring prolonged use.
- Automatic IPD adjustment: Varjo’s VR-1 automatically calibrates interpupillary distance for users.
- Compatible with leading VR tools: the VR-1 is compatible with leading content creation tools such as Unity, Unreal, and Autodesk VRED.
Furthermore, Varjo plans to release a front plate add-on with built-in cameras in order to access mixed reality experiences.
Varjo VR-1 price
This professional virtual reality headset’s manufacturer starting price is €5,995, plus a €995 service license (mandatory for the first year only). In addition, for positional tracking, users must also purchase an ART system and controllers separately.
Compare more VR headsets as well as AR glasses with our VR/AR comparison engine.