The M450 is a professional metal 3D printer produced by Meltio, a manufacturer based in Spain. Meltio’s Wire-Powder Laser Metal Deposition (WP-LMD) 3D printer allows users to produce metal parts with a density of up to 99.998% in a single-step process.
Its WP-LMD technology, paired with Meltio’s open materials platform, enables the production of parts using metal wire and metal powder– independently or simultaneously. These are the three printing modes available:
- Single Wire: The bulk of the 3D printing process is built around wire, one of the safest, cleanest and easiest ways to work with metal feedstock.
- Dual Wire: Enables users to combine different metal materials in a single part. The wire switching process is automatic and quick.
- Wire and Powder: Allows the creation of new alloys, testing functional gradients, and researching metal matrix composites (MMC).
Supported metals include Stainless Steels, Carbon Steels, and Titanium and Inconel alloys. Aluminum and copper alloys are currently under development.
Meltio M450 main features
- Reliability: This metal 3D printer integrates real-time monitoring and live compensation when needed.
- Safety: Printing metal wire is in itself easier and safer (and more affordable) than working with powdered materials, for example. The printer is also equipped with a closed build chamber and a three-stage filter.
- Ease of use: Meltio provides pre-set print profiles for various materials with automatic toolpath generation.
Meltio M450 price
This affordable metal wire 3D printer is available between $90,000 and $180,000. Please contact us for a quote.
Discover and compare all professional 3D printers with our 3D printer comparison engine.