ProJet MJP 3600
|Material||Thermoplastics > Standard (PLA, ABS…)|
|Build volume||298 × 185 × 203 mm11.73 × 7.28 × 7.99 in|
3D Systems (NYSE:DDD) is one of the oldest, largest, and most global AM equipment manufacturers in the industry. The company was founded in 1986 and pioneered stereolithography technology in its early years. Today, 3D Systems markets numerous technologies and caters to most industries and their different use cases.
3D Systems ProJet MJP 3600 overview
The 3D Systems ProJet MJP 3600 is a professional 3D printer made by 3D Systems, a manufacturer based in the USA.
The 3D Systems ProJet MJP 3600 3D printer uses the MultiJet (MJP) 3D printing technology. MJP 3D printers 3D print thin layers of UV-curable liquid resin (photosensitive) onto a platform, using wax to create supports that brace the part during production. UV lamps cure each layer, and the build platform lowers for the next layer. This process continues layer by layer until the part is complete.
3D Systems ProJet MJP 3600 3D printing modes
Three different 3D printing modes are available:
- HD – High Definition
- UHD – Ultra High Definition
- XHD – Xtreme High Definition
Each 3D printing mode implies a specific build volume; the higher the resolution the smaller the build volume. In the Full Specs section of this 3D Systems ProJet MJP 3600 product page, we used the characteristics of the HD Mode (375 x 450 x 790 DPI resolution).
Compared to the 3D Systems ProJet MJP 3600 Max, the 3D Systems ProJet MJP 3600 offers a smaller build volume for UHD and XHD 3D printing modes.
The 3D Systems ProJet MJP 3600 includes an internal hard drive capacity of 500 Gb minimum and makes less than 65 dBa in operation (at medium fan settings). This 3D printer is controlled by the 3D Systems proprietary software, 3D Sprint.
3D Systems ProJet MJP 3600 3D printing use cases
The 3D Systems ProJet MJP 3600 is capable of producing a large variety of 3D printed parts for a several different applications, including:
- Validation prototyping
– Design verification and testing
– Assemblies, including snap-fit
– Water-tightness applications, fluid flow visualization
– Testing and use at high temperature
– USP Class-VI compatible medical applications
- Rapid Tooling
– Injection molding tool production for short runs
– Jigs and fixtures
– Master patterns for RTV molding
– Dies for forming applications
– Extremely fine-detailed casting patterns
3D Systems ProJet MJP 3600 3D printing materials
The 3D Systems ProJet MJP 3600 can 3D print in seven engineered plastics, from the Visijet M3 line of materials (with VisiJet S300 as a support material).
– VisiJet M3-X – Rigid White
– VisiJet M3 Crystal – Rigid Clear
– VisiJet M3 Black – Rigid Black
– VisiJet M3 Proplast – Rigid Natural
– VisiJet M3 Navy – Rigid Blue
– VisiJet M3 Techplast – Rigid Gray
– VisiJet M3 Procast – Castable