|Technology||Directed Energy Deposition|
|Topic||Metal 3D printing|
|Build volume||160 × 120 × 450 mm6.3 × 4.72 × 17.72 in|
Additec uPrinter overview
The Additec μPrinter is an industrial desktop metal 3D printer by Additec, a manufacturer with headquarters in the US and Germany.
This entry-level metal 3D printer uses a type of DED (Directed Energy Deposition) 3D printing technology to create 3D metal parts. Additec’s technology is called Laser Metal Deposition (LMD).
In addition to freeform 3D printing, the μPrinter is suitable for cladding and repair applications as well as for research and development.
Additec metal 3D printer μPrinter main features
- Material compatibility: this 3D printer uses metal wire (0.6 to 1mm diameter) as its feedstock. Optional powder feeders are also available for users that wish to use metal powder materials.
- Triple lasers: three laser diodes (200W each) accompany the material deposition head. Users may equip the μPrinter with up to five laser beams.
- Inert chamber: for an optimal 3D printing environment without particles and with active temperature management.
- Built-in camera: enables users to monitor their 3D prints remotely and create time-lapse videos.
- Automatic wire cutter: in case of print failure, the μPrinter trims the wire and restarts the process.
Additec μPrinter metal 3D printer price
The manufacturer starting price for this desktop metal 3D printer is $90,000. Please contact Additec for more information.
Discover more 3D printers with our 3D printer comparison engine.