|Material||Thermoplastics > Standard (PLA, ABS…)|
|Build volume||150 × 150 × 150 mm5.91 × 5.91 × 5.91 in|
Ethereal Machines Halo overview
The Ethereal Halo is an all-in-one 5-axis professional 3D printer made by Ethereal Machines, a manufacturer based in India. The Halo embodies the concept of hybrid manufacturing: it can 3D print with both additive and subtractive manufacturing.
Unlike regular 3D printers, the Halo features 5 axis instead of 3 (for that reason, some may call it a “5D printer”). Indeed, in a standard 3D printer, only the head moves (3 axis). It deposits layer by layer extruded plastic in the motionless build plate, in order to create the 3D printed models.
The Halo won a CES 2018 Best of Innovation award in the 3D printing category.
Halo hybrid manufacturing technology
In the Halo, the head as well as the build plate are in motion (5 axis), which allows the head to come in at different angles.
Plus, this all-in-one 3D printer uses both additive and subtractive manufacturing. On one hand, its filament extruder creates 3D printed models by adding layers of material on top of each others (additive manufacturing). On the other hand, the CNC head removes part of a material to create an objet (subtractive maufacturing).
Halo professional applications
This desktop 3D printer is designed for office environment. The Halo can have various applications as a solution for quick prototyping and manufacturing. This all-in-one 3D printer’s CNC-milling is particularly useful in the crafts sector.
Halo main features
- CNC mill: this multifunctional 3D printer features a spindle toolhead to carve through various materials such as wax, foam, nylon and plastics.
- Multiple tools support: different tools can be used according to the material.
- Filaments: the Halo tolerates a variety of plastic filaments (ABS, PLA, Nylon, PET-G, PC, and TVA).
- PC-based controller: users can monitor the Halo in real time from their computer.
- Extruder temperature: the extruder temperatures goes up to 350°C.
- Nozzle design: this hybrid 3D printer features a specific nozzle design, described as ensuring “zero clogging and smooth filament deposition”.
Ethereal Halo price
To get the price of this 5-axis 3D printer, please contact the manufacturer direclty.