|Category||Stationary > Desktop|
|Max. resolution||0.12 mm0.004724 in|
RangeVision Smart review
Mechanical and reverse engineering applications can also be fitting uses cases. We would not recommend this product to hobbyists unwilling to dive into complex processes, but if you have some 3D scanning experience and you’re looking for an efficient and affordable 3D scanner, the Smart is definitely an option to consider.
And at this price point, there are not many alternatives. After dramatic software improvements (ease of use, setup, and automatic features) the RangeVision Smart anchors itself in the entry-level professional 3D scanners.
- Price to performance ratio
- Manufacturing quality and accessories
- Flexible and very capable for several different use cases
- Software is difficult to use and offers limited options
- Tedious setup and getting to use the 3D scanner
RangeVision Smart overview
The RangeVision Smart is a professional 3D scanner made by RangeVision, a Russian manufacturer with years of experience in decoration and art, design, tuning, jewelry and manufacturing.
The RangeVision Smart fits a variety of applications, such as: education, 3D services, art and sculpture, reverse engineering and industrial design.
RangeVision Smart features
The RangeVision Smart uses the structured light 3D scanning technology. It is easy to use and calibrate with its integrated software.
The RangeVision Smart is available in 3 colors: grey, red and yellow.
The RangeVision Smart can receive several options:
- Automatic turntable for scanning of small objects (such as jewelry items). It is fully integrated with RangeVision 3D scanner software.
- Blue light add-on. These are special filters screwed on lenses which allow to 3D scan even in difficult lighting conditions (bright illumination, outdoor 3D scanning in sunny day).
- Protective case.
This 3D scanner can generate OBJ, PLY, STL, WRL and ASCII 3D files.
Read our complete test of the RangeVision Smart 3D scanner.
RangeVision Smart price
If you are interested in this 3D scanner, you can contact us by clicking on the quote button in the sellers unit.