Original Prusa MINI+
|Material||Thermoplastics > Standard (PLA, ABS…)|
|Build size||180 × 180 × 180 mm7.09 × 7.09 × 7.09 in|
Prusa Research Original Prusa MINI+ overview
The Prusa Research Original Prusa MINI+ is an affordable and compact 3D printer for both hobbyists and professionals. It is made by Prusa Research, an award-winning 3D printer manufacturer based in the Czech Republic.
This desktop 3D printer is a simpler, more compact version of the Original Prusa i3 MK3S. It comes as an easy three-piece kit to be assembled by the user. Original Prusa printers are all open-source and easy to upgrade.
The MINI+ can be an affordable 3D printer for beginners as much as it can be part of a Prusa MINI+ printer farm for small production series.
Original Prusa i3 MK3S vs Prusa MINI+
Aside from offering a smaller build volume, the Original Prusa MINI+ differs from the MK3S a few other aspects. These include:
- Prusa Research now uses their own, proprietary 32-bit mainboard dubbed Buddy
- It has a Bowden-style extruder (vs direct extruder on the MK3S)
- The extruder can heat up to 280°C whereas the MK3S’ extruder heats up to 300°C
It’s also significantly more affordable.
Original Prusa MINI+ main features
- Color LCD screen
- Power panic (continues the print where it left off in case of power failure)
- Magnetic print bed and removable steel sheets
- One-click printing with automatic bed leveling and calibration
An optional Wi-Fi module and optional filament sensor are available separately.
Prusa Research Original Prusa MINI+ price
The Original Prusa MINI is priced at €419.
Discover more 3D printers with our 3D printer comparison engine.