UP Mini 2 ES
|Material||Thermoplastics > Standard (PLA, ABS…)|
|Build size||120 × 120 × 120 mm4.72 × 4.72 × 4.72 in|
Tiertime UP Mini 2 ES review
Globally, this desktop 3D printer offers a good price-to-performance ratio. It is easy to use and boasts a wide range of features that various more expensive 3D printers lack, and that are quite rare in the UP mini 2 ES’ price range.
The main downside of this desktop 3D printer is the software that accompanies it, but it is possible to use alternative software to slice files and import them. There are also a few occasional touch recognition problems (touchscreen), but nothing that would dissuade a user from considering the UP mini 2 ES a good 3D printer to buy.
- Easy calibration
- Automatic material detection
- Excellent 3D printing quality
- Interchangeable build plates
- UP Studio software lacks options
- Small build volume
Tiertime UP Mini 2 ES overview
The Tiertime UP mini 2 ES is a desktop 3D printer made by Tiertime, a manufacturer based in Beijing, China. This 3D printer is an upgrade of the UP mini 2, a best-seller on the market.
UP mini 2 ES main features
- Start and Stop system: allows to pause and restart 3D printing at will or in case of power cut.
- Heated print bed: enables to 3D print complex materials (ABS, PLA, etc.).
- Automatic calibration: doesn’t require any manual calibration from the user. It also detects errors and fixes it during 3D printing.
- Closed-frame: provides more security for the users when 3D printing.
- Touchscreen: for a more intuitive user experience.
Tiertime UP mini 2 ES price
This desktop 3D printer is available at the manufacturer price of $599 (see on Amazon).
Discover more desktop 3D printers with our comparison engine.