|Material||Thermoplastics > Engineering (PC, nylon…)|
|Topic||Large format 3D printing|
|Build size||330 × 240 × 300 mm12.99 × 9.45 × 11.81 in|
Ultimaker Ultimaker S5 overview
The Ultimaker S5 is a professional desktop 3D printer made by Ultimaker, a manufacturer based in the Netherlands. This is an updated version of the successful Ultimaker 3.
Users may control their S5 from a distance thanks to the Ultimaker App and a Wi-Fi connection. There is also an onboard camera to monitor 3D prints from a distance.
Furthermore, to maximize production efficiency, it is possible to group multiple S5 3D printers together with Cura Connect.
Thanks to its closed frame and heated print bed, the S5 is compatible with a wide range of filaments. These include PLA, ABS, Nylon, and CPE as well a Polycarbonate and flexible TPU-style material.
S5 main features
- Dual extruder (up to 280°C): this enables to 3D print with two different materials simultaneously, including water-soluble support. Also, users may switch between nozzle sizes (0.8, 0.4, or 0.25 mm) to focus on speed or detail.
- Dynamic bed heating system (up to 140°C): there is a real-time feedback system to make sure the print surface maintains a consistent temperature. The aluminum print surface is removable.
- Active bed leveling: ensures flat first layers.
- NFC reader: the S5 recognizes the material it is 3D printing to automatically use specific settings.
- Start and Play system: users may pause and resume 3D prints to swap filament, for example.
Ultimaker S5 versus Ultimaker 3
There are a few differences between the S5 and the Ultimaker 3. The S5 boasts a larger build volume and higher accuracy.
The S5 also boasts additional features such as a full-color 4.7″ touchscreen and a filament detector.
Ultimaker S5 price
This large volume 3D printer for professionals is available at the manufacturer price of$5,995 and comes with a 1-year warranty.
Ultimaker S5 Pro Bundle
A bundle for professionals is available at the price of $12,000. The pack includes:
- Air Manager: it is a printer enclosure and air filtering system that sits atop the printer.
- Material Station: this closed, anti-humidity filament chamber enables the use of up to 6 filaments at a time. It is placed beneath the printer.
- An Ultimaker S5 3D printer
Discover other Ultimaker 3D printers with our comparison engine.