|Technology||Powder Bed Fusion > SLM/DMLS|
|Topic||Metal 3D printing|
|Build volume||127 × 127 × 127 mm5 × 5 × 5 in|
Xact Metal XM200S overview
The Xact Metal XM200S is an industrial SLM 3D printer by Xact Metal, a manufacturer based in the United States. The Xact Metal XM200S aims for the aerospace and medical industries where printing speeds are critical.
Xact Metal has discontinued the XM200 and is now commercializing the XM200C as well as the XM200S.
Xact Metal’s metal 3D printing technology
Contrary to most metal 3D printers, the XM200S’ beam is constantly orthogonal across the entire powder bed surface, which produces consistent fusing properties throughout the complete build area.
The XM200S benefits from Xact Metal’s patent-pending technologies, Xact Core™ and Recoater, which allows them to develop metal 3D printers with high printing speeds at a competitive price.
XM200S main features
- 200 W Yb laser: to 3D print layers as thin as 20-100 microns for high-precision 3D printouts.
- Multiple metals: users can 3D print in tooling steels (Maraging M300, H13), bronze, stainless steel (316L, 17-4 PH, 15-15, 400 Series), superalloys (718, 625, Cobalt Chrome F75, Hastelloy® X), aluminium Si10Mg and titanium Ti64.
- Precision digital scanner: to bring down warm-up times and minimize long-term drift.
- Digital galvanometer mirrors: allows jogging speed of 12 m/sec.
- Cloud connectivity: to connect one or several 3D printers and allow monitoring of the 3D printing process from anywhere.
- Open Platform: users have the possibility to develop their own printing parameters and powder.
Xact Metal XM200S price
The Xact Metal XM200S is available at the manufacturer price of $130,000.
Discover more industrial powder 3D printers with our comparison engine.