|Category||Stationary > Desktop|
|Topic||Handheld 3D scanners|
|Max. resolution||0.3 mm0.012 in|
Revopoint has been designing and manufacturing 3D capture solutions since 2014 and is based in Shenzhen, China. In 2020, the company launched the most successful 3D scanner Kickstarter campaign to date, raising over $2.2M to bring the affordable POP 3D scanner to market.
Revopoint POP overview
The Revopoint POP is an affordable 3D scanner for beginners and hobbyists, available at around $600. Revopoint, a manufacturer based in Shenzhen, raised over $2M on Kickstarter to launch the POP.
POP 3D scanner main features
- 2-in-1 format: The POP’s included scanner holder can be used as a tripod for a stationary, desktop 3D scanning configuration. When folded, the holder enables users to carry the POP around like a handheld 3D scanner.
- Infrared structured light: The scanner uses structured light technology, casting a light pattern onto objects and capturing the pattern’s deformation to determine and generate the object’s surface in 3D. The POP’s light source is infrared, meaning it is possible to perform a face 3D scan while the subject can keep their eyes open.
- Texture and colors: Thanks to its RGB sensor, the POP 3D scanner is able to capture colors and generate color 3D models.
- Simple setup: Only one USB cable is required to use the scanner.
- Printable scans: Scans from the POP can be 3D printed.
Revopoint POP price
This 3D scanner for hobbyists and beginners is available for $549. The price includes an automatic turntable for semi-automated scans, a set of markers, some blu tack, 2 micro USB cables, and a sample sculpture to get started.
Discover more 3D scanners with our 3D scanner comparison engine.