Original Prusa SL1
|Topic||Resin 3D printing|
|Build size||120 × 68 × 150 mm4.72 × 2.68 × 5.91 in|
Prusa Research Original Prusa SL1 overview
The Prusa Research Original Prusa SL1 is an open-source desktop resin 3D printer made by Prusa Research, a manufacturer from the Czech Republic. Prusa Research, formerly Prusa3D, is led by Josef Prusa, the original creator of the Prusa i3 3D printer model.
The Original Prusa SL1 is Prusa Research’s first resin 3D printer and it uses MSLA (stereolithography) 3D printing technology. This technology uses the 3D printer’s high-resolution LCD screen and UV LED to solidify photo-sensitive liquid resin.
The Prusa SL1 resin 3D printer is easy enough to use for beginners and hobbyists and is sufficiently accurate for professional users (jewelry, dentistry, prototyping, etc.).
Prusa Research SL1 main features
Some of the Prusa open-source resin printer’s most interesting features include:
- Accuracy: this resin 3D printer is able to 3D print layers of 0.01mm thick.
- Tilting print bed: according to the manufacturer, this avoids layer shifting and stirs the resin.
- Resin level sensor: the SL1 is able to detect if there is enough resin to complete a 3D print or not.
- FEP vat film: the resin tank boasts flexible FEP film which is affordable and easy to replace.
- Open material compatibility: users may choose any type and brand of resin.
The SL1 also boasts a number of user-friendly features, including auto-calibration, a quick-release build plate, vapor extraction, and a full-color LCD touchscreen.
Additionally, Prusa Research manufactures a 2-in-1 washing and curing machine.
Prusa Research Original Prusa SL1 price
The manufacturer price of this Prusa resin 3D printer is €1,699 (or €2,098 with the washing and curing machine). The Prusa SL1 resin 3D printer is also available as a DIY kit for €1,399 (€1,799 with the 2-in-1 machine).
Discover more resin 3D printers with our 3D printer comparison engine.