|Material||Thermoplastics > Standard (PLA, ABS…)|
|Build volume||90 × 80 × 100 mm3.54 × 3.15 × 3.94 in|
Toybox Labs Toybox overview
The Toybox is a plug-and-play 3D printer made by Toybox Labs, a manufacturer based in the US. This desktop 3D printer was designed to make 3D printing easy and accessible for kids, and to be “the toy store of the future”.
Users can control the 3D printer with the Toybox app, website or touchscreen. This machine requires an internet connection to 3D print.
Hundreds of pre-designed toys are available on the manufacturer website, accessible via the mobile app. Children can also draw their own models and 3D print them.
Toybox main features
- Flexible print bed: for easy 3D print removal.
- Easy-to-use: children and beginners can use this 3D printer without knowing anything about 3D printing.
- Compact and lightweight: this 3D printer weighs only 3 kg.
- Touchscreen: for a friendly user experience.
- Wi-Fi connectivity: enables standalone 3D printing.
- Mobile app: users can control their 3D printer with iOS and Android devices. It is possible to launch 3D prints with the press of a button.
- “Printer Food”: the manufacturer’s proprietary PLA filament is corn-based, non-toxic and biodegradable. Users can also 3D print with generic 1.75 mm filament commonly available on the market.
Toybox 3D printer price
This easy-to-use desktop 3D printer for kids is available at the manufacturer price of $399.
Note: to 3D print, the printing nozzle heats up to high temperatures. Children should be under adult supervision when using 3D printers.