|Buy the Hyrel 3D Hydra 16A|
|Basic specs||Price: $ 11,4009 719 €8,833 £1,200,796 ¥ The prices we display are estimates and can differ from the actual market prices. Prices vary by resellers and countries.|
|Topic||High-temperature 3D printing|
|Material||Thermoplastics > High-performance (PEEK, Ultem...)
|Build volume||400 x 300 x 250 mm|
Hyrel 3D Hydra 16A review
The Hyrel 3D Hydra 16A is a professional desktop 3D printer made by Hyrel 3D, a manufacturer from the US.
This 3D printer is customizable on various levels: build volume, print bed, extruder, and more. The Hydra 16A is also known as the Hydra 340 or Hydra 630 (depending on build size).
When equipped with the MK1-450 extruder head, the Hydra 16A is able to 3D print high-performance materials such as PEEK or PEI (ULTEM). The build chamber can be heated up to 55°C.
This 3D printer can also print with clays, biologicals, flexibles, UV-curables, RTV Silicones, 2- and 3-part mixtures at programmable ratios -so literally thousands of materials . It is highly evolutive and also offers options for 4th and 5th axes, a 3-phase spindle tool, CO2 or Diode lasers, and more.
Hyrel 3D Hydra 16A main features
- Enclosed and heated build chamber: offers stable temperatures for 3D printing with complex materials.
- All-in-one PC: the Hydra 16A comes with a Windows tablet PC. All drivers and necessary software are pre-installed, for plug-n-play 3D printing out of the box.
- High-temperature print bed (optional): different print beds are available, with maximum temperatures ranging from 120°C to 200°C.
- High-temperature extruder (optional): the MK1-450 extruder can heat up to 450°C in order to 3D print PEEK and other high-resistance materials.
- Multi-extruder (optional): it is possible to equip the Hydra 16A with up to five nozzles at a time.
A number of other optional features are also available. This includes a CNC mill head, laser engraving head, and an onboard camera for monitoring. Various nozzle sizes are available as well, ranging from 0.35 mm to 1 mm in diameter.
Hyrel 3D Hydra 16A price
This PEEK 3D printer’s manufacturer price is around $11,400, but can vary depending on add-ons and options.
Discover more 3D printers with our 3D printer comparison engine.
|Price The prices we display are estimates and can differ from the actual market prices. Prices vary by resellers and countries.||$ 11,4009 719 €8,833 £1,200,796 ¥|
|Material||Thermoplastics > Standard (PLA, ABS…)
Thermoplastics > Engineering (PC, nylon…)
Thermoplastics > High-performance (PEEK, Ultem...)
|Max. build size||400 x 300 x 250 mm|
|Max. build volume||30 L|
|Extruder||450 °C842 °F|
|Build chamber||55 °C131 °F|
|Build plate||200 °C392 °F|
|Min. layer thickness||0.03 mm0.001 in|
|XY accuracy||0.005 mm0 in|
|Max. print speed||75 mm2.95 in/s|
|Dimensions||122 × 89 × 140 mm4.8 × 3.5 × 5.51 in|
|Weight||136 kg299.83 lb|
|Nozzle diameter(s)||0.35 mm0.01 in|
|Filament diameter||1.75 mm0.07 in|
|Power input||750W 115-230V 60-50Hz 16/8 A|
|Heated build chamber||Yes|
|Independent Dual Extruder (IDEX)||—|
|Multiple extruders (3+)||—|
|Freeform (robotic arm)||—|