|Material||Thermoplastics > Standard (PLA, ABS…)|
|Topic||Full-color 3D printing|
|Build volume||508 × 508 × 305 mm20 × 20 × 12.01 in|
Mimaki 3DUJ-553 overview
The Mimaki 3DUJ-553 is a full-color industrial 3D printer capable of producing photo-realistic objects. Mimaki, the manufacturer, is based in Japan. Originally, Mimaki offers inkjet printing solutions to the market for banners, textiles, cellphone cases, etc.
Mimaki 3DUJ-553 main features
- Over 10 million colors: for photo-realistic color 3D prints. It is also possible to add transparency.
- Color profiles: the software simulates accurate colors on the screen to ensure the user sees how they will appear when 3D printed.
- Water-soluble supports: to remove support structures without damaging the 3D print.
- Camera: an onboard camera allows the monitoring of the 3D printing process.
- Post-process performance: Mimaki’s 3D printable inks contain an acrylic resin to offer a hardness similar to ABS prints. It’s therefore possible to drill, overcoat or attach screws to the 3D print without damaging it.
3DUJ-553 inkjet technology
This industrial 3D printer can offer millions of colors thanks to its UV LED light curing method. A layer of ink is applied, like a regular printer. The 3D printer then coats the layer with a UV-sensitive ink that the LED light can solidify. The Mimaki 3D printer repeats the process layer after layer to form a multi-color object.
According to Mimaki, to 3D print a 100 x 100 x 100 mm object it takes:
- 14.4 hours (high-speed mode)
- 17 hours (standard mode)
- 25.7 hours (high-definition mode)
Mimaki 3DUJ-553 price
Please contact us to get a quote.
Discover more additive manufacturing systems with our 3D printer comparison engine.