The CraftBot XL is a large volume desktop 3D printer (300 x 200 x 440 mm) made by CraftUnique, a Hungarian manufacturer. The CraftUnique CraftBot XL can 3D print PLA, ABS, HIPS and more. The CraftBot XL is a larger version of the CraftBot 2 and the award winning CraftBot Plus (Best Plug ‘N’ Play 2017 honoree by 3D Hubs and featured in our Best 3D printers for 2017 ranking).
CraftUnique CraftBot XL features
Here is a list of the main CraftBot XL advantages:
- Outstanding build volume: with its 300 x 200 x 440 mm build volume, the CraftUnique CraftBot XL allows you to 3D print large objects.
- Printing accuracy: the CraftBot XL can 3D print layers as thin as 50 microns. To better control the print quality and experiment 3D printing at various levels of accuracy and speed, the CraftBot XL is sold with four different nozzles (0.25, 0.4, 0.6 and 0.8 mm diameter).
- Ease of use: the CraftBot XL has an intuitive, well-organized navigation menu providing useful information on the printing process. The settings can be changed even during the 3D printing phase.
- Control: CraftUnique developed a mobile app available on Android and iOS from which users can upload 3D models to their CraftBot XL, start and stop the printing process, control the heat settings, the fans and the light. Moreover, getting the CraftUnique CraftBot XL gives access to the CraftWare slicing software.
- Heated and removable build surface: the heated print bed prevents the 3D prints from warping and sticking to the build platform, and the removable build surface is easy to clean. This heated build surface is positioned over the build platform so it can be removed without altering the heated print bed calibration.
- Connectivity: the CraftUnique CraftBot 2 can be connected to the computer with wifi or via a USB cable.
- Reliable customer service: CraftUnique is often praised for the quality of its customer service and the help provided should any issue might be encountered.
With its outstanding build volume and high 3D printing accuracy, the CraftUnique CraftBot XL is perfectly suited for engineers and designers needing to 3D print large objects in high resolution but also to every maker willing to print large size objects.
CraftUnique CraftBot XL price
The price of the CraftUnique CraftBot 2 is 1899$ on Amazon which makes it an affordable (for its build size and features) and reliable 3D printer for users of all levels.
Discover similar printers in our guide to large volume desktop 3D printers for professionals.