|Material||Thermoplastics > Engineering (PC, nylon…)|
|Topic||Large format 3D printing|
|Build size||1200 × 600 × 640 mm47.24 × 23.62 × 25.2 in|
Modix is based in Tel Aviv and has been manufacturing modular, large-volume 3D printers since 2014. The company focuses on providing high-quality components and hardware at an affordable price while giving users the possibility to tailor their solutions via add-ons and upgrades. Modix 3D printers are ideal solutions for the vehicle retail industry as well as for aerospace, medical, and educational applications.
Modix BIG-120X V3 overview
The Modix BIG-120X V3 is a very large 3D printer kit for professionals made by Modix, a manufacturer from Israel.
The self-assembly and modular Big-120X V3 3D printer is a bigger version of the Modix BIG-60 V3. This large 3D printer format is suitable for professional applications and is in its third version, having received numerous hardware updates over the years.
BIG-120X Version 3 vs Version 2
Almost every part of the printer has received an upgrade, from the motion rails and ball screws to the drivers and wires. These are just a few of the enhancements:
- 10% bigger build volume (60mm taller)
- Duet 2 Wi-Fi 32-Bit controller (vs 8-Bit MKS Gen 1.4)
- RepRap firmware from Duet3D (vs Marlin firmware)
- 7-inch touchscreen
- Direct-drive E3D Titan Aero extruder (vs bowden, standard Titan)
BIG-120X V3 main features
This very large 3D printer boasts interesting features such as:
- Dual extrusion with E3D Volcano nozzles
- 150-point automatic bed leveling system
- Hiwin motion rails
- Dual-zone silicon print bed heaters with PID temperature controller
- PEI sheet with 3M adhesive
Modix BIG-120X V3 price
This large 3D printer is available starting from $6,900 (see here).
Discover more 3D printers with our 3D printer comparison engine.