|Material||Thermoplastics > Engineering (PC, nylon…)|
|Topic||Large format 3D printing|
Modix is based in Tel Aviv and has been manufacturing modular, large-volume 3D printers since 2014. The company focuses on providing high-quality components and hardware at an affordable price while giving users the possibility to tailor their solutions via add-ons and upgrades. Modix 3D printers are ideal solutions for the vehicle retail industry as well as for aerospace, medical, and educational applications.
Modix BIG-60 V3 overview
The Modix BIG-60 V3 is a large volume professional 3D printer kit made by Modix, a manufacturer based in Israel.
This 3D printer is currently in its third iteration, having received numerous updates over the years. It is delivered as a kit to be assembled by the user, with easy assembly videos available on the Modix website.
BIG-60 Version 3 vs Version 2
Almost every part of the printer has received an upgrade, from the motion rails and ball screws to the drivers and wires. These are just a few of the enhancements:
- 10% bigger build volume (60mm taller)
- Duet 2 Wi-Fi 32-Bit controller (vs 8-Bit MKS Gen 1.4)
- RepRap firmware from Duet3D (vs Marlin firmware)
- 7-inch touchscreen
- Direct-drive E3D Titan Aero extruder (vs bowden, standard Titan)
Modix BIG-60 Version 3 main features
- Heated print bed: this large 3D printer features a heated print bed with a temperature up to 120°C.
- Dual-zone silicon heater: a dual zone heater enables users to adapt the print bed heating to the object’s size.
- PEI print surface: facilitates the adhesion and the removal of the 3D printed object.
- Automatic leveling: the system probes the print bed at 100 different points.
- End-of-filament sensor: the 3D printer detects and warns the user when the spool is running out filament.
Modix BIG-60 V3 price
The BIG-60 Version 3 is available at the manufacturer starting price of $3,900 (see here).
Modix manufactures a range of other large volume 3D printers, which you can discover with our 3D printer comparison engine.