The Modix BIG-60 V4 is a large volume professional 3D printer kit made by Modix, a manufacturer based in Israel.
This 3D printer is currently in its third iteration, having received numerous updates over the years. It is delivered as a kit to be assembled by the user, with easy assembly videos available on the Modix website.
BIG-60 V4 key improvements
- IDEX dual printing – IDEX stands for independent dual extruder. With this feature, each extruder can ‘park’ outside of the bed while inactive. IDEX drastically reduces the manual labor involved in removing supports by efficiently using a special type of breakaway support filament. This is especially critical for printing advanced models with internal geometries using water-soluble filament. The IDEX add-on is a significant upgrade in Modix’s offering.
- Fast 3D Printing – Travel of up to 350 mm/s, high quality printing at 100 mm/s and higher speeds for draft printing. Such remarkable speeds are made possible by strong Nema-23 motors on the X axis, which replace the current Nema-17 motors. Also, since the IDEX configuration uses two Y-axis motors, one per extruder, the motor weight-load on the Y axis is reduced and speed is increased.
- Fully automated calibration – Modix is now offering a full set of automated calibrations routines to all our models including automated bed tilt, bed leveling, gantry alignment and Z offset calibration.
- Multiple other improvements including optical end-stops that improve job recovery accuracy, stronger Nema-23 Motors on Z axis, improved enclosure sealing and ergonomics, emergency stop button as default and a fresh, new design.
Modix BIG-60 V4 main features
- Heated print bed: this large 3D printer features a heated print bed with a temperature up to 120°C.
- Dual-zone silicon heater: a dual zone heater enables users to adapt the print bed heating to the object’s size.
- PEI print surface: facilitates the adhesion and the removal of the 3D printed object.
- Independent dual extruder (IDEX)
- Automatic leveling: the system probes the print bed at 100 different points.
- End-of-filament sensor: the 3D printer detects and warns the user when the spool is running out filament.
Modix BIG-60 V4 price
The BIG-60 Version 4 is available at the manufacturer starting price of $4,900 (see here).
Modix manufactures a range of other large volume 3D printers, which you can discover with our 3D printer comparison engine.