|Buy the Modix BIG-60 V3|
|Basic specs||Price: $ 3,7003 154 €2,867 £389,732 ¥ The prices we display are estimates and can differ from the actual market prices. Prices vary by resellers and countries.|
|Topic||Large format 3D printing|
|Material||Thermoplastics > Engineering (PC, nylon…)|
|Build volume||600 x 600 x 660 mm|
Modix BIG-60 V3 review
The Modix BIG-60 V3 is a large volume professional 3D printer kit made by Modix, a manufacturer based in Israel.
This 3D printer is currently in its third iteration, having received numerous updates over the years. It is delivered as a kit to be assembled by the user, with easy assembly videos available on the Modix website.
BIG-60 Version 3 vs Version 2
Almost every part of the printer has received an upgrade, from the motion rails and ball screws to the drivers and wires. These are just a few of the enhancements:
- 10% bigger build volume (60mm taller)
- Duet 2 Wi-Fi 32-Bit controller (vs 8-Bit MKS Gen 1.4)
- RepRap firmware from Duet3D (vs Marlin firmware)
- 7-inch touchscreen
- Direct-drive E3D Titan Aero extruder (vs bowden, standard Titan)
Modix BIG-60 Version 3 main features
- Heated print bed: this large 3D printer features a heated print bed with a temperature up to 120°C.
- Dual-zone silicon heater: a dual zone heater enables users to adapt the print bed heating to the object’s size.
- PEI print surface: facilitates the adhesion and the removal of the 3D printed object.
- Automatic leveling: the system probes the print bed at 100 different points.
- End-of-filament sensor: the 3D printer detects and warns the user when the spool is running out filament.
Modix BIG-60 V3 price
The BIG-60 Version 3 is available at the manufacturer starting price of $3,700 (see here).
Modix manufactures a range of other large volume 3D printers, which you can discover with our 3D printer comparison engine.
|Price The prices we display are estimates and can differ from the actual market prices. Prices vary by resellers and countries.||$ 3,7003 154 €2,867 £389,732 ¥|
|Material||Thermoplastics > Standard (PLA, ABS…)
Thermoplastics > Engineering (PC, nylon…)
|Max. build size||600 x 600 x 660 mm|
|Max. build volume||237.6 L|
|Min. layer thickness||0.04 mm0.002 in|
|XY accuracy||0.01 mm0 in|
|Max. print speed||180 mm7.09 in/s|
|Dimensions||906 × 1060 × 1356 mm35.67 × 41.73 × 53.39 in|
|Weight||120 kg264.55 lb|
|Nozzle diameter(s)||0.4 mm0.02 in|
|Filament diameter||1.75 mm0.07 in|
|Power input||24 V-280 W|
|Heated build chamber||—|
|Independent Dual Extruder (IDEX)||—|
|Multiple extruders (3+)||—|
|Freeform (robotic arm)||—|