|Category||Mobile > Handheld|
|Topic||Handheld 3D scanners|
|Max. resolution||0.2 mm0.007874 in|
Founded in 2002 in Lévis (Québec, Canada), Creaform is a world-class leader in 3D measurement technology as well as 3D engineering services. The company develops, manufactures, and distributes portable and automated 3D scanning solutions to thousands of clients in over 75 countries.
Creaform Go!SCAN SPARK review
It is one of the best structured light 3D scanners on the market and its performance can only be surpassed by advanced laser-based 3D scanners, which do not offer the same simplicity and flexibility, as they usually require markers. The ability to capture colors is also a great advantage and can make the Go!SCAN SPARK a great fit for museums, architecture firms, and design agencies.
Furthermore, its ease of use and acquisition speed also make the Creaform SPARK a great fit for all applications related to product development, such as reverse engineering, redesign, and even metrology depending on accuracy requirements and tolerances. Being able to 3D scan a full, white automotive body in a matter of minutes is indeed an interesting feat.
- Speed and accuracy
- Powerful and comprehensive software
- Ergonomic and relatively lightweight design
- Versatility (range of part sizes)
- Color acquisition
Creaform Go!SCAN SPARK overview
The Creaform Go!SCAN SPARK is a portable, handheld 3D scanner for professionals. Canada-based Creaform is specialized in manufacturing industrial-grade 3D scanners for product development and quality control applications.
Read our full review of the Creaform Go!SCAN SPARK.
This 3D scanner is suitable for a wide range of industries and applications, including CAD design, prototyping, tooling, and many more. Product designers and engineers can use the SPARK as a key tool in designing products.
With this 3D measurement tool, Creaform emphasizes on ease of use, portability, speed, accuracy, and quality.
Creaform Go!SCAN SPARK main features
- User-friendly: according to Creaform, the Go!SCAN SPARK doesn’t require any setup and is able to 3D scan objects without any part preparation.
- Robust hybrid tracking: Point-and-shoot, color data acquisition using geometry and/or texture and/or positioning targets.
- VXelements: this plug-and-play 3D scanner comes with dedicated, proprietary software that includes scan-to-CAD and dimensional inspection modules. It’s also possible to use third-party software suites from Autodesk, 3D Systems, Dassault, etc.
- Live mesh: the 3D scanner allows for optimal visualization while scanning to make sure users can see the scan progress capture the surface needed.
Other additional features:
- VXremote (optional): users looking for an easy setup may opt for Creaform’s tablet interface for an additional cost.
- MaxSHOT 3D (optional): this optical coordinate add-on provides enhanced accuracy and speed for larger parts.
Creaform Go!SCAN SPARK price
The Go!SCAN PARK starts at around $38,000, depending on the configuration and countries. Please contact us to get a precise quote for this professional handheld 3D scanner.
Discover more 3D scanners with our 3D scanner comparison engine.