FreeScan UE Pro
|Category||Mobile > Handheld|
|Topic||Metrology 3D scanners|
Founded in 2004, Shining 3D is one of the leading 3D scanner manufacturers on the market. Thanks to its extensive portfolio of products which covers most of the verticals in the 3D capture industry, it equips hobbyists as well as large multi-national corporations, and everything in between.
Shining 3D FreeScan UE Pro review
The FreeScan UE Pro was a breeze to set up and calibrate, and just as easy to use. We obtained excellent meshes on complex parts in about half an hour, which is amazing, especially at this price (when put into perspective with $50K solutions, for example).
FreeScan software is an excellent product as well, with great features that work well and fast. It helped that Shining 3D lent us a monster-like PC; if you want to acquire such a powerful scanner and use its software effortlessly, we really recommend spending a little more on a PC that surpasses the minimum requirements.
- Excellent metrological accuracy
- Lightweight and sturdy design with a high-end feel
- User-friendly features and UI
- Photogrammetry mode (large-scale objects)
- Useful Partial HD scanning mode
- The HD mode is slow
- The 3D scanner is a bit bulky
- Some buttons are hard to reach
Shining 3D FreeScan UE Pro overview
The FreeScan UE Pro is a more powerful version of the FreeScan UE series. Shining 3D is a leading 3D scanner OEM based in China with offices in Germany.
FreeScan UE Pro main features
- Hybrid technology (laser and photogrammetry): The UE Pro uses laser triangulation to capture objects in 3D, but it is also equipped with built-in photogrammetry. The goal is to use markers and scale bars to greatly increase scan accuracy.
- Multiple scanning modes: To adapt to different objects and use cases, there are several scanning modes:
- 13 laser crosses for quick scans or large objects
- 5 parallel laser lines to scan fine details
- Single laser line for deep holes and pockets
Shining 3D FreeScan UE Pro price
Please contact us to receive a quote for the FreeScan UE Pro.