|Category||Mobile > Handheld|
|Topic||Handheld 3D scanners|
|Max. resolution||0.3 mm0.012 in|
THOR3D Calibry review
The Calibry offers amazing ergonomics (lightweight, touchscreen) and is among the best we’ve tested at this price point. However, the software still lacks processing speed and functionalities, putting it a step behind some competitors such as the Artec Eva or the Shining 3D EinScan Pro 2X Plus.
That said, its attractive price tag of €4,990 ($5,790) makes the Calibry a great option to easily capture medium to large-sized objects in 3D, if you’re ready to deal with the software’s limitations. We don’t recommend it for scanning small and/or intricate parts.
- Lightweight and portable (700g)
- Very large size 3D scanning capabilities
- Intuitive interface (touchscreen and buttons)
- Affordable price tag ($5,790/€4,990)
- Software is slow for processing
- Not the best choice for small objects
THOR3D Calibry overview
The THOR3D Calibry is an affordable handheld 3D scanner made by THOR3D, a manufacturer based in Russia and Germany. The Calibry uses white LED structured light technology but is also capable of capturing textures and colors thanks to its 2.3 MP camera.
This professional-grade portable 3D scanning device targets SMBs and professionals.
According to THOR3D, the Calibry is able to 3D scan complex surfaces (shiny, reflective, furry, etc.) with ease. This lightweight and user-friendly 3D scanner is compact, fast, and accurate.
The Calibry is optimal for 3D scanning medium to large-size objects (e.g. a car).
THOR3D handheld 3D scanner Calibry: main features
- Built-in touchscreen: enables users to see their 3D scanning results in real-time directly on the 3D scanner.
- Proprietary camera: the cameras for the Calibry have been developed in-house by THOR3D in order to lower production costs.
- Speed: the Calibry captures an impressive 3 million points per second.
THOR3D Calibry price
The manufacturer price for this professional handheld 3D scanner is $5,790. Hardware and software bundles are available for different applications (e.g. education). Please contact us for more information.