EOS M 400-4
EOS EOS M 400-4 overview
The EOS M 400-4 is an industrial 3D printer made by the German manufacturer EOS.
The EOS M 400-4 uses the DMLS (Direct Metal Laser Sintering) 3D printing technology developed by EOS. This 3D printing technique uses a fibre laser to melt and fuse fine metal powder. Layer after layer the 3D object is built. This 3D printing method allows to create 3D printed products with complex geometries including elements such as freeform surfaces, deep slots and/or coolant ducts.
Designed for industrial applications, the EOS M 400-4 offers a large building volume combined with 4 Yb-fibre lasers for up to 4 times higher productivity.
Building volume and 3D print speed of the EOS M 400-4
- Large 3D printing build volume of 400 x 400 x 400 mm with four 400W lasers operating independently.
- Four precise 400W Yb-fibre lasers operate in a 250 x 250 mm square each with an overlap area of 50 mm.
- High build rate of 100 cm³/h.
Specifications of the EOS M 400-4’s lasers
- Exceptional beam and power stability provides highest DMLS part quality.
- All processes running on the EOS M 290 can be transferred to the EOS M 400-4 and deliver equivalent part properties.
- New and patented EOS ClearFlow Technology ensures consistent process gas management for ideal build conditions.
- Extensive monitoring features ensure high process stability and part quality.
The EOS M 400-4, a high productivity platform with smart process flow
- Wide range of materials: from light metals to stainless and tool steels to superalloys.
- Easy handling through a high degree of automation in workflow and operation.
- Intuitive user interface, flexible software tools and a variety of additional equipment fulfill industrial production requirements.
The EOS line of industrial metal 3D printers are compatible with a selection of metal powders such as aluminium, maraging steel, high-grade steel, titanium, nickel and cobalt chrome alloys.
Price of the EOS M 400-4
This industrial 3D printer costs more than USD 1,000,000.