|Technology||Powder Bed Fusion > SLM/DMLS|
|Topic||Metal 3D printing|
|Build volume||127 × 127 × 127 mm5 × 5 × 5 in|
Xact Metal XM200C overview
The Xact Metal XM200C is an industrial SLM 3D printer by Xact Metal, a manufacturer from the United States. Thanks to Xact Metal’s patent-pending technology (Xact Core™ and Recoater), it has been able to develop a high-performance and cost-effective 3D printer for universities, small- and medium-sized businesses.
Xact Metal has discontinued the XM200, which has been replaced by the XM200C and XM200S.
Xact Metal’s metal 3D printing technology
Contrary to most metal 3D printers, the XM200C’s beam is constantly orthogonal across the entire powder bed surface, which produces consistent fusing properties throughout the complete build area.
XM200C main features
- Prints at high speed: up to 500 mm per second.
- 100W Yb fiber laser: to print layers as thin as 20-100 microns for high-precision 3D printouts.
- Multiple metals: users can 3D print in tooling steels (Maraging M300, H13), bronze, stainless steel (316L, 17-4 PH, 15-15, 400 Series), and superalloys (718, 625, Cobalt Chrome F75, Hastelloy® X).
- Cloud connectivity: to connect one or several 3D printers and allow monitoring of the 3D printing process from anywhere.
- Open Platform: so users can develop their own printing parameters and powder.
Xact Metal XM200C
The Xact Metal XM200C is available at the manufacturer price of $80,000.
Discover more SLM 3D printers with our comparison engine.