|Category||Mobile > Handheld|
|Topic||Handheld 3D scanners|
|Max. resolution||0.1 mm0.003937 in|
Creaform HandySCAN BLACK overview
The Creaform HandySCAN BLACK is a professional 3D scanner made by Creaform, a Canadian manufacturer. Creaform specializes in delivering high-quality 3D measurement products.
This metrology-grade 3D scanner serves a wide number of industrial and professional applications such as quality control, reverse engineering, product design and more. Entirely reengineered, the HandySCAN BLACK meets the ISO 17025 standard. It is a follow up to the industry-acclaimed HandySCAN 300 and 700.
Creaform HandySCAN BLACK main features
- VXelements: this plug-and-play 3D scanner comes with dedicated, proprietary software that includes scan-to-CAD and dimensional inspection modules. It’s also possible to use third-party software suites from Autodesk, 3D Systems, Dassault, etc.
- Live mesh: the 3D scanner allows for optimal visualization while scanning to make sure users can see the scan progress capture the surface needed.
Other notable accessories and options:
- VXremote (optional): users looking for an easy setup may opt for Creaform’s tablet interface for an additional cost.
- MaxSHOT 3D (optional): this optical coordinate add-on provides enhanced accuracy and speed for larger parts.
HandySCAN BLACK Elite version
A more powerful version of this 3D scanner exists, the HandySCAN BLACK Elite. In comparison, the Elite version boasts:
- 11 blue laser crosses (+1 extra line) vs. 9 blue laser crosses on the standard version
- 1,300,000 measurements per second instead of 800,000 points per second
- and better accuracy (0.025 mm vs. 0.035 mm).
Read our full Creaform HandySCAN BLACK Elite review.
Creaform HandySCAN BLACK price
Please contact us to get a quote.
Discover more 3D scanners with our 3D scanner comparison engine.