|Category||Mobile > Handheld|
|Topic||Metrology 3D scanners|
|Max. resolution||0.05 mm0.001969 in|
Founded in 2004, Shining 3D is one of the leading 3D scanner manufacturers on the market. Thanks to its extensive portfolio of products which covers most of the verticals in the 3D capture industry, it equips hobbyists as well as large multi-national corporations, and everything in between.
Shining 3D FreeScan UE overview
The Shining 3D FreeScan UE is a professional handheld 3D scanner by Shining 3D, a leading Chinese 3D printer and 3D scanner manufacturer. It is a follow-up to the existing FreeScan X series, which includes for example the FreeScan X7.
This blue laser-based 3D scanner offers metrology-grade precision and repeatability, all while being able to scan difficult surfaces in a wide range of environments and industries.
Common industries and applications for this type of 3D scanner include the automotive industry, transportation, mould inspection, energy manufacturing, aerospace, and machine manufacturing, among others.
UE vs FreeScan X7
The FreeScan UE inherits the X7’s high precision and repeatability, while being upgraded in terms of weight, speed, and scanning range. Its software interface is more intuitive to use and convenient, offering a better overall user experience.
Pricing is more competitive, as well.
FreeScan UE main features
- Accurate up to 0.02mm
- Lightweight at only 670g
- Able to capture complex surfaces (black, reflective)
- Large 510mm x 520mm field of view
- Brand new, user-friendly UI software for easy operation
- One-click data exports to popular inspection software suites (e.g. Control X, Verisurf Inspect, EinSense Q, Polyworks, CATIA)
Versions: FreeScan UE7 and FreeScan UE11
This handheld metrology 3D scanner is available in two versions that differ in scan speed and amount of laser lines:
- FreeScan UE7 ($18,699 / €16,999)
- Scan speed: 650,000 points per second
- Light source: 14 lines + 1 extra line
- FreeScan UE11 ($24,199 / €21,999)
- Scan speed: 1,020,000 points per second
- Light source: 22 lines + 1 extra line
Shining 3D FreeScan UE price
Please contact us to obtain quotes for the FreeScan UE and determine which version is the best fit for your needs.
Discover more 3D scanners with our 3D scanner comparison engine.