HandySCAN BLACK Elite
|Category||Mobile > Handheld|
|Topic||Handheld 3D scanners|
|Max. resolution||0.025 mm0.000984 in|
Founded in 2002 in Lévis (Québec, Canada), Creaform is a world-class leader in 3D measurement technology as well as 3D engineering services. The company develops, manufactures, and distributes portable and automated 3D scanning solutions to thousands of clients in over 75 countries.
Creaform HandySCAN BLACK Elite review
The overall capacity of the product is indeed amazing. It can 3D scan black and matte materials as well as shiny, mirror-like surfaces. The usual limitations linked to 3D scanners have been completely overcome. Perhaps this scanner’s only negative aspect is the fact that markers (targets) must be placed on the object or its surroundings.
Its resolution (both standard and volumetric) and accuracy are equal to those of sophisticated industrial systems that can easily cost two to three times more. Nevertheless, for applications where extreme resolution is required (under 10 microns), the HandySCAN BLACK won’t be sufficient.
If you have the budget, the Creaform HandySCAN BLACK Elite is simply the best product available on the market for this price range.
Creaform HandySCAN BLACK Elite overview
The Creaform HandySCAN BLACK Elite is a professional 3D scanner made by Creaform, a Canadian manufacturer. Creaform specializes in delivering high-quality 3D measurement products.
Read our full Creaform HandySCAN BLACK Elite review.
This metrology-grade 3D scanner serves a wide number of industrial and professional applications such as quality control, reverse engineering, product design and more. It is a follow up to the industry-acclaimed HandySCAN 300 and 700. Entirely reengineered, the HandySCAN BLACK Elite meets the ISO 17025 standard.
“Elite” is an enhanced version of the standard HandySCAN BLACK.
Creaform HandySCAN BLACK Elite main features
- VXelements: this plug-and-play 3D scanner comes with dedicated, proprietary software that includes scan-to-CAD and dimensional inspection modules. It’s also possible to use third-party software suites from Autodesk, 3D Systems, Dassault, etc.
- Live mesh: the 3D scanner allows for optimal visualization while scanning to make sure users can see the scan progress capture the surface needed.
Other notable accessories and options:
- VXremote (optional): users looking for an easy setup may opt for Creaform’s tablet interface for an additional cost.
- MaxSHOT 3D (optional): this optical coordinate add-on provides enhanced accuracy and speed for larger parts.
HandySCAN BLACK Elite version
In comparison with the regular HandySCAN BLACK, the Elite version features:
- 11 blue laser crosses (+1 extra line) vs. 9 blue laser crosses on the standard version,
- 1,300,000 measurements per second instead of 800,000 points per second,
- and better accuracy (0.025 mm vs. 0.035 mm).
Creaform HandySCAN BLACK Elite price
Please contact us to obtain a quote.
Discover more 3D scanners with our 3D scanner comparison engine.